Doug Crompton on 18 Sep 2004 17:41:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Verizon DSL

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, William H. Magill wrote:

> On 17 Sep, 2004, at 10:56, Eric Hidle wrote:
> The only annoying thing is that you don't get static IP addresses
> anymore, you get permanently assigned DHCP addresses. [Having been a
> long time customer, I have a mix of both. But as I've upgraded hardware
> recently and had to get the MAC assignments changed, the type of
> address assigned has changed.]
>
> The difference is in which code is used to connect and maintain the
> connection. And while it is a 10 day lease, it still has to get
> renewed. Not a big deal, but I much preferred being able to assign the
> IP address myself, instead of having to rely on DHCP to do it for me.
>
> T.T.F.N.
> William H. Magill

I would want and need a static IP address. I do my own name serving and
web hosting etc. I can get by with one but I cannot play around with non
static IP. If DCA will not supply static IP then I won't even bother with
them.

It sure is a bitch when there is no competition.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *