vzeehi0m on 19 Sep 2004 17:50:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Gmail - an informational email and getting invites...

> From: sloopy
>
> i got a gmail account on aug 26, today was the first time i logged into
> it since then and it has recv'd no mail, but i have 6 invites... so i it
> would seem it is a time based system...

I've sent most of my list and newsletter subscriptions to my account and log in all of the time.  I started out with six and every time I gave some away, it would seem, I got topped off at six again.

Lately, as I give them away, they do not seem to be getting replaced, so my theory is that they come in waves as google is testing something.

And speaking of testing, I find it odd that we gmail users are part of a testing program, yet we have been provided no clear means of reporting problems.  I have had problems such as using gmail with Konqueror and selecting text in the message textarea in Mozilla.  I have yet to figure out a way to sign messages.  Yet I have nowhere to report these experiences.