Ron Mansolino on 19 Sep 2004 23:01:03 -0000

[PLUG] content management systems

ok, so I'm sure you hear things that make you cringe and wish no one
knew that "you're an internet guy, right...?"

My sister and her friend "want, like, a blog, or something; but not
blogger, we want our own website to put up a buncha stuff, and..."
(draw attention to themselves. So I figure I might as well, too :)

So can someone recommend an article/message/BBS package? My biggest
requirement is that it be free (because we're all broke) and not too
much of a security risk or resource hog. I would prefer not to get too
deep into customizing apache for this (I recall slash. requiring some
serious tweaking. I already compiled PHP in, but I should be a man and
figure out mod_perl if I have to :)

What have you folks played with that I can inflict on them?

Thanks,
--
Ron Mansolino   RMsolino@netaxs.com   http://www.netaxs.com/~rmsolino/