Pat Regan on 19 Sep 2004 20:48:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] copy without mount

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

> The camera isn't involved except to write the CF card.  Forget the
> camera.  I have a CF card and a USB CF reader.  The CF card in the
> reader plugged into my machine is a mountable device.  (Technically,
> it has a filesystem that is mountable.)

I've got one more suggestion.  I got tasked with the job of collecting
pictures from everyone's digital camera at a wedding reception recently.
I noticed that some of the memory cards were partitioned, and others were
not.  I see you are trying to mount /dev/sda1, you should see if there is
a filesystem right on /dev/sda.

Pat