Aaron Crosman on 30 Sep 2004 18:43:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Java/Tomcat/Lucene

>For my $0.02 worth, you can make sure it is running by browsing to port

>8080 on the box. I am 99% sure Tomcat default's to this port once
>installed. If you see the "Congrats!" page then Tomcat is up and
running.

>I hope my small bit helps! Good luck!

I should have said before.  I'm running Tomcat 5.0
I tried going to 8080 and I got nothing (no errors, just a blank page).
I assume that's bad.  So it looks like I have a problem on top of
confusion.  There are several processes for Tomcat when I run ps afx
that look like this (or child processes).
jsvc.exec -user tomcat -home /usr/lib/SunJava2-1.4.2
-Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/tomcat -Djava.io.tm