Dayton Gray on 30 Sep 2004 18:49:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Java/Tomcat/Lucene

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:42:12 -0400, Aaron Crosman wrote
> >For my $0.02 worth, you can make sure it is running by browsing to port
>
> >8080 on the box. I am 99% sure Tomcat default's to this port once
> >installed. If you see the "Congrats!" page then Tomcat is up and
> running.
> >
> >I hope my small bit helps! Good luck!
>
> I should have said before.  I'm running Tomcat 5.0
> I tried going to 8080 and I got nothing (no errors, just a blank
> page). I assume that's bad.  So it looks like I have a problem on
> top of confusion.  There are several processes for Tomcat when I run
> ps afx that look like this (or child processes). jsvc.exec -user
> tomcat -home /usr/lib/SunJava2-1.4.2
> -Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/tomcat -Djava.io.tm

A blank page may not be such a bad thing. Try using netstat -pan | grep java

That should tell you what port the ugly thing is listening on.

Regards,

--
Dayton Gray
dgray &at& omnio () com