Greg Lopp on 30 Sep 2004 19:00:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Java/Tomcat/Lucene

Aaron Crosman wrote:

I should have said before. I'm running Tomcat 5.0
I tried going to 8080 and I got nothing (no errors, just a blank page).
I assume that's bad. So it looks like I have a problem on top of
confusion. There are several processes for Tomcat when I run ps afx
that look like this (or child processes).
jsvc.exec -user tomcat -home /usr/lib/SunJava2-1.4.2

Ok, that's good. You have tomcat running. The black page however, reminded me that in debian's packaging, the congratulations page was part of a separate tomcat4-webapps package. Since you get a page rather than a timeout, you may simply lack a default app.

Tomcat is running
Tomcat may need some configuration tweaking to get Lucene or any other app to work