Kevin Brosius on 5 Oct 2004 02:30:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Home Networking Questions/Solutions

There are certainly wireless routers with switches built in, some have
external antenna connections (although I just mention that because of
one suggestion I'll make.)  Depending on how the electrical panel is
constructed, you may be able to just put a wireless router in place of
your existing 4 port router (is there enough space to swap something in
there?)

If the panel is to enclosed for the wireless signal to reach your third
floor, the external antenna is an option.  You can attach an antenna to
some models of wireless router and place it on the ceiling of the
basement to get better coverage.

--
Kevin