Ian Reinhart Geiser on 5 Oct 2004 05:49:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: KDE on mac OS X

William H. Magill said:
> On 01 Oct, 2004, at 15:34, Michael Lazin wrote:
>> I just used fink to download the binaries for KDE, which I like on
>> linux, so I can use KDE on mac os x.  When I start x full screen KDE
>> appears to load up fine, but whenever I click on a window in KDE, the
>> window just freezes up.  I can't close it, I can't use the dialog
>> boxes in them, nothing.  It seems as if the window isn't really there.
>>  I hope I am being clear in my description.  I also hope there are
>> some mac users on the list.  I hope this isn't too far off topic . . .
>
> Don't know KDE, but I would assume that it doesn't know about the
> Finder as it is effectively a replacement for the Apple GUI.
Your best bet at this point is to try the native KDE packages for OSX.
These do not use X at all, and follow the Auqua style guidelines.

AFAIK KOffice, Kate and KDevelop are currently running on OSX.  You should
be able to run almost all of it.  There was noise on dot.kde.org some time
ago about this.  Google should find the rest.

cheers
   -ian reinhart geiser

+-Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri@sourcextreme.com
+-Vice President of Engineering
+-http://www.sourcextreme.com
+-It's not that we don't make mistakes, we just don't keep them around.