George Theall on 6 Oct 2004 14:39:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] yet another spam-handling system

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 03:40:04PM -0400, Andrew Tsen wrote:

> I've used Squirrelmail, and it's slow loading up IMAP folders and
> displaying messages compare to IMP/Horde.

I use IMP (2.2.6 - 3.2.6) extensively and have tried Squirrelmail a bit
(1.43).  My initial impression with Squirrelmail was that it seemed
faster than IMP.  I find IMP's extensive application suite -
addressbook, calendar, cvs interface, task manager, etc - keeps me from
switching.

Choices of imap and web servers, use of SSL, and message store format
can have big impacts on performance.  Were those constant in your
comparisons?

> I haven't toy with IMP's spam-filter stuff

Unfortunately, INGO (and its predecessor SAM) doesn't work with the
production release of IMP.  Moreover, a stable release has seemed to be
just around the corner for the past 2+ years.

George
--
theall@tifaware.com