George Gallen on 7 Oct 2004 16:00:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] OT: Large Wireless Network on the Cheap

Title: RE: [PLUG] OT: Large Wireless Network on the Cheap

One nice thing about the wireless routers, is they are easy to
adapt to POE (power over ethernet), the reason I say this is that
if you use POE, you are not limited to putting a unit where there
is AC outlet, but anywhere you can run a CAT5 cable. Which might
make it easier to locate less units for better coverage.

I had a netgear and a linksys, that I had to reset frequently.
So far I've had good success with the DLINK I'm using now.

It's fairly easy to modify a cable to be POE if you don't want
to buy the POE converters.

George