Paul on 7 Oct 2004 16:05:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] bitorrent

Tobias DiPasquale wrote:

On Oct 7, 2004, at 10:38 AM, Art Alexion wrote:

I tried to install a bitorrent client but couldn't get it to work. Any recommendations/suggestions? (Am using gtk 1.x if that matters)

BitTorrent from the package rarely (if ever) works. Its structured in such a way that it needs its libraries to be right where they are in the Bram Cohen tarball. Just download the tarball of the latest version from http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/ and untar it in your ~ somewhere and use that. That's about all you're going to be able to do. I've tried to install the package on RH, Gentoo and Debian and they all failed. I'm beginning to think that there is no testing of that package ever.

The official basic client sucks under Linux and Windows. Maybe more so under Windows. (I use ABC with XP.)