Ben Dugan on 12 Oct 2004 17:29:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] November meeting?

Bob,

So, folks, you asked for it. Please let me know what you think sounds
interesting. You may work off the list above or let me know of topics I
may not have considered.

I think it all sounds interesting, & I hope I can make it to the meeting.

Which HP office do you work from? In High School (up until 1981!) I was in an "Explorer" program (arranged in some way through the Boy Scouts, I think) at the Avondale HP branch. That was where HP made analytical chemistry instruments like gas chromatographs & mass spec.s., and my tutor there was Mark Brindle (ring a bell?). But I think the Avondale branch is closed...

For anyone who might be curious about working at HP, I'd have to say that what I saw back then made it look like a great place to work. Of course, that was more in the Bill and Dave years than the Carly ones. (As for me, I'm self-employed now and probably wouldn't last very long in any real office anymore, though.)

Ben