Bob Mader on 13 Oct 2004 16:31:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] November meeting?

Hi Ben,

> Which HP office do you work from?  In High School (up until 1981!) I was
> in an "Explorer" program (arranged in some way through the Boy Scouts, I
> think) at the Avondale HP branch.  That was where HP made analytical
> chemistry instruments like gas chromatographs & mass spec.s., and my
> tutor there was Mark Brindle (ring a bell?).  But I think the Avondale
> branch is closed...

Well, I don't really work out of any HP office; I'm what they call a
mobile telecommuter. In other words, I technically work at home, but most
of the time, I'm at customer's sites.

I was in high school around the same time as you. I remember the Avondale
HP site just from driving by a few times on route 41, but was never
inside. It's been closed for quite a while now. There's a huge Agilent
campus at route 48 and Centerville Road just outside of Wilmington. I
think the analytical folks moved there.

-Bob