Paul on 12 Nov 2004 15:26:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: Domain Transfers (and Hijackings) to Become Easier

Tobias DiPasquale wrote:

On Nov 12, 2004, at 10:05 AM, Paul wrote:

Just "lock" your domain.

How would one go about doing that? I'm logged into my Register.com account right now, but I don't see any option for "locking" anything... Any hints? Thanks.

This is how it's done at GoDaddy:

Nonetheless, with this change in mind, we are recommending that all Go Daddy domain customers visit GoDaddy.com and "lock" their domain name(s). Locking your domain(s) is free and prevents unauthorized changes to contacts and name servers. Most importantly, it prevents the domain name from being transferred to another registrar without your knowledge. You may lock or unlock your domain at any time by revisiting your account. It takes only a minute, and it WILL protect your domains. To lock your domain names, simply:

	Click My Account and enter your username or customer number and password.
	Click on Manage Domains
	Select the domain name(s) that you wish to lock.
	Click Set Locking. In the right side pane, select "Lock" and save your changes.

I tried to transfer a locked domain once.  It was a pain and took a while to complete.  So, I believe them when they say locking will help!