Art Alexion on 17 Nov 2004 13:31:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ADSL and Security

Eric Hidle wrote:

If your ISP is bridged, it is definitely in your best interested to firewall
the crap out of your WAN box. I know verizon used to have each circuit on
its own VLAN, which protected individual circuits from traffic from other
circuits, but they stopped this practice after "someone" complained about
not being able to pass legitimate traffic between two customers who happened
to be on the same DSLAM.

My firewall logs indicate that the majority of the blocked requests come from other Verizon domains.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c