cms on 16 Nov 2004 18:53:02 -0000

[PLUG] ADSL and Security

Hello all,

Although I'm not a DSL user I was doing some reading about ADSL and security
issues, specifically issues related to bridging at the CO. Not being an expert
in networking, I was wondering what--if any--impact bridging had on DSL users?
For example, do DSL users have issues with broadcast packets and Windows'
Network Neighborhood?

The ideas surfaced as I was doing some reseach on the encryption methods used
in today's cable modems--the layer two stuff. I am currently sifting through
the MANY links provided by my Google searches, however, I thought I'd pose the
question to the list while I'm reading.

TIA.

Chris/CMS