Chris on 18 Nov 2004 16:04:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] DSL she no go...

I'm kinda in the same boat, Mont. Area is horrible. Jenkintown CO serves
Abington and Willow Grove, kicker is the C0 is 3 miles even from the border
of Abington.  Verizon started putting in more equipment, but im still at out
reach and im in the heart of Abington. There site claims I'm in reach of
768K/128K but if I order I get rejected.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Doug Crompton
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 11:49 AM
To: Phila Linux Users Group
Subject: [PLUG] DSL she no go...

The never ending saga...

I finally got around to ordering DSL from verizon after getting constantly
bombarded by mail and phone notification that is was now available at ny
location. The next day it was rejected by email without any reason. Upon
calling Verizon I was told that they do not offer static IP at RT sites
only Dynamic. So once again I am back to square one. The great divide -
those who are close enough to CO's and not on RT's and those who are.
Consider yourself lucky if you aren't on the dreaded RT because not only
do you have a choice with Verizon but you also have competitive choices! I
have seen DSL advertised on TV for $9.95! I see Verizon is wiring two
areas with fiber - Doylestown and Yardley, Bucks County in a test of high
speed video and data. I am not in either of those areas.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *