Jabberwocky on 18 Nov 2004 16:13:02 -0000

[PLUG] Gn00bee

I was a memebr a while ago, and am returning to the Linux fold.

I have just installed SUSE 9.2 successfully, but have two issues:

   Although I can connect with
       smbclient -L \\\\computername -I ###.###.###.###
   Even though I have a confirmed connection in the shell, I cannot connect to any share in Konquerer (going for the quick and dirty to get stuff moved from a W2K machine.

   I have a laptop with two cdroms - one read only, which is recognized just fine, but another, a Toshiba cdrecorder, which is problematic.  When I put a cd in this beastie, the drive just whirs and the light blinks, but never seems to become available.

Thanks for all you kind help and attention.