Art Alexion on 22 Nov 2004 22:59:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Philadelphia Wireless Project

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 15:13 -0500, William H. Magill wrote:

> It is bad enough that the City is (currently) proposing ONLY an 802.11B
> network -- not G nor Wi-MaX; but current plans (such as they are at the
> moment) have no concept of "upgrade" built in to them.
>
> I was one of the 25 or so people who attended "The Committee's" hearing
> in City Council Chambers the other week, and it is quite amazing how
> little knowledge anybody associated with this project has.

And how open are they to technical input from you or others?  Or is this
like the red light wet film camera project, where wet film as opposed to
digital was specified in the bill so as to favor a particular contractor
who was the only one still using wet film for this type of application?

Art