abradley on 25 Nov 2004 20:23:02 -0000

[PLUG] Linux Disk utilities

Are there any Linux disk recovery tools available for free?

I recently lost a 40gig drive.  Actually, I think I lost the MBR.   I
tried Fdisk \MBR and a few other things to no avail.

I downloaded the R-Studio demo and was able to see the drive contents
but to get it to work I need to lay down some cash.

The drive appears to have been FAT32 (Which is strange because it had
WIN2K and I usually use NTFS.)

At work, I am smart enough to back things up.  At home is another story.
I am typically a Windows kind of guy at work with a few boxes running
Windows and Linux for fun at home.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew Bradley