Eric Hidle on 3 Dec 2004 02:26:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: DSL she no go...

See? I told you they might be able to do something for you. :)

Just curious why you are still going to get the bridged IP addresses instead of the /29 block? With the routed block you only need to give them the MAC address of your router's external interface.. you'll get 1 static/dhcp IP for your router's external interface, and a subnet allocation for your internal LAN. It is supposed to be included in the package but I guess it's one of those things you have to ask for.

Doug Crompton wrote:

Just an update... It looks like DCA is moving forward on my DSL. Surprise,
surprise! I am awaiting my install kit.

Question... They assigned me an IP address. It will always be the same BUT
it will be DHCP assigned and linked to the MAC address. Technically this
is not the same as a static IP but functionally it should be the same?????
I am running servers and need a stable IP. They later will assign up to 4
additional IP's as part of the package to other MAC addresses if needed.

BTW... DCA is doing this for $44/month. Verizon wanted $80 for one static
IP and in the end they claimed they could not do it. Is Verizon just
incredibly stupid or am I missing something here!

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *