Doug Crompton on 3 Dec 2004 04:37:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: DSL she no go...

Craig at DCA said to get the one IP working and then they would assign
more if I requested it. It would be easier to have the /29 routed to the
main, MAC/DHCP address though. One step at a time.

For now I am routing it (DSL modem) to a Linksys gateway/router. This
ultimately may not be the best choice though. I don't think I can route
IP's on the LAN side other then the 192.168 stuff but I am still learning
what it can do.

What I would really like to do is let the Linksys firewall my 192.168
network where I have WinX machines, printers, net tune receiver, etc. and
also have a couple of ports with real IP's to Linux boxes. One would be a
server and the other for play - mainly amateur radio stuff. Another choice
would be to port forward the stuff to the appropriate behind the FW
device. It also has a DMZ channel which could be the server with it's own
FW.

Doug

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Eric Hidle wrote:

> Just curious why you are still going to get the bridged IP addresses
> instead of the /29 block? With the routed block you only need to give
> them the MAC address of your router's external interface.. you'll get 1
> static/dhcp IP for your router's external interface, and a subnet
> allocation for your internal LAN. It is supposed to be included in the
> package but I guess it's one of those things you have to ask for.

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *