Malcolm J Harwood on 14 Dec 2004 14:54:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] sendmail question

On Monday 13 December 2004 04:06 pm, Ron Mansolino wrote:

> I should be able to figure this out, but I'm stumped...
>
> Is there an easy way to setup a domain so that localusers@domain
> get local delivery, and still have a catch-all address without
> having to explicitly list every localuser in virtusertable?

I would expect so, but I don't know sendmail. It's trivial in postfix though.

> Also, is there a mail-user-agent that will let me choose among a list
> of outgoing addresses (that isn't necessarily a system address, so I
> reply once I've popped mail off of the system it was delivered to)?

Both K-Mail and Evolution do this (both give you a dropdown list of
preconfigured identities and KMail lets you edit the 'from' line by hand if
you wish), I'm sure many other mailers do to. (Even Outlook seems to have a
borked implementation of the same general feature).

--
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick