Fred K Ollinger on 18 Dec 2004 01:53:34 -0000

Re: [PLUG] terminal mode

I had this not work when I was remastering a feather linux iso. I had
mounted /dev in my chroot and I mastered it from there instead of
unmounting it and this somehow screwed things up so when I booted into the
cd mode, I couldn't get a tty-something.

So perhaps look into /dev. I'd try to login from console, too, to see
what's up. ctr-alt-f1

then go back w/ ctrl-alt-f7

Also, I'd look in /var/log to see if something got goofed up.

By launching X from console mode in feather linux I was able to see errors
printed to the console and I was able to figure out this problem.

Fred Ollinger (follinge@diadig.com)