Stephen Gran on 24 Dec 2004 18:18:54 -0000

Re: [PLUG] mutt question

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 01:41:08PM -0500, eric@lucii.org said:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 01:16:29PM -0500, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > as %F is "author name, or recipient name if the message is from you"
> >
> > This means setting alternates to all of your email addresses, however.
>
> I tried that and only saw my own name.  I have too many different
> correspondents to have an alternate for each... if I understand that
> correctly.

alternates is the list of your email addresses, not your correspondents.
You can use regular expressions, like:

set alternates="eric@[a-zA-Z0-9.]*lucci.org|eric@(yahoo|hotmail).com"

I am of course, taking the liberty of making up addresses for you, but
you get the idea.  The a-z.. trick is so you can have eric@ multiple
machines in a domain you own, and they all magically are recognized as
you.

I have about 12 active email addresses (meaning I actually look at mail
sent to them) and another 40 or 50 accounts that are only there for
logins.  Even with that number, it's manageable using regular expressions.
|  Stephen Gran                  | May all your PUSHes be POPped.          |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |