Stephen Gran on 26 Dec 2004 00:20:54 -0000

Re: [PLUG] mutt question

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 01:09:49PM -0500, Michael C. Toren said:
> On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 02:11:26PM -0500, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> > Error in /home/eric/.muttrc, line 24: alternates=eric@lucci.org: unknown command
> > source: errors in /home/eric/.muttrc
> > Press any key to continue...
>
> For the version of mutt you're using try removing the equal sign, as in:
>
> 	alternates eric@lucci.org
>
> According to Stephen's headers he's using an older version which had a
> different syntax.  Somewhere between 1.3 and 1.5.6 the alternates setting
> was replaced with a command of the same name.

I tend to read and write my email on my woody machine, which does have
an older mutt.  The odd thing is that my other machine, which has a new
mutt on it, does not complain.  Go figure.
|  Stephen Gran                  | To err is humor.                        |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |