George Gallen on 28 Dec 2004 18:32:05 -0000

RE: [PLUG] music station

Title: RE: [PLUG] music station

If you don't mind not having control of the music, and you have access to
the other side of the wire that's in the livingroom/dining room.

Have you tried to run the sound out using the cat3/4/5 in the wall, and just
using the amplified speakers in the livingroom/dining room?

For instance, hookup a switch that routes the sound to "headphones" instead
  of the speakers (Radio Shack about $15), run the headphone wire from this
  switch to a modified network cable using 3 pairs of wires.

On the other end have a modified network cable to go from those three pairs
  back to a 1/8" headphone plug, and plug that into amplified speakers.

(or does this qualify fr the going downstairs to tell it what to play?)

George