rekaye1005 on 31 Dec 2004 14:18:31 -0000

[PLUG] content filtering

I am a teacher/net admin at a phila high school.

I have started a unique program to train high school kids for tech support/help desk.

It is working. I would like to expand it throughout the city.

I want to add Linux to the environment.

Two questions...

1) Distributions and versions seem to change a breakneck speeds. No Money!!!

Suggestions/feedback?

I have started with RedHat 7x/9x.

Is the Fedora tangent appropriate for business?

How about SUSE?

I am an old Novell guy... I still have the free 9x promotion package.

2) How about a good program for content filtering-

more granular screening on porn, violence, etc for high school students

ron