gyoza on 10 Jan 2005 16:19:22 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ftpd with FC2

George Gallen wrote:

I have a system setup with FC2. I wanted to setup a ftpd service (it's on a closed network).
but I can't seem to find the wu_ftpd or ftpd rpms on any of the downloaded CD's.

Am I missing something? Is it called something else? Neither ftpd or wu_ftp are in my
list of services, so I do need the rpm. Since this system isn't hooked to the Internet, download
is a pain, I have to download to one system, and then move it over to the FC2 system.

Is FC3 worth the upgrade from FC2?

Maybe vsftp? Just "grep -i ftp *.rpm" to search for it.

Or use sftp, which is part of the ssh package.

I would go for FC3.