Doug Crompton on 10 Jan 2005 19:59:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mail Question

I am using sendmail.

I was looking in my OReilly sendmail book and I could not find any
reference to :error: - I do see for alias -  aliasename: /dev/null though.

Does the  :error:nouser   work for just those names not in the passwd
file? I already reject anyone not in passwd.

Doug

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Stephen Gran wrote:

> These are system accounts, necessary so that programs can run as
> non-priviledged users.  If you are gettig spam to them (not uncommon),
> set up the appropriate rules in /etc/aliases - it depends on your MTA
> what the syntax is, but exim4 uses :fail: <some string>, sendmail uses
> :error:nouser <some string>, and I'm sure others do similar things.  You
> can of course, redirect them all to root, as many people do.
> --
>  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> |  Stephen Gran                  | mophobia, n.:  Fear of being verbally   |
> |  steve@lobefin.net             | abused by a Mississippian.              |
> |  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve |                                         |

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *