Jeff Kaufman on 12 Jan 2005 18:07:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Switching email programs

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 gyoza@comcast.net wrote:

> OK, all you will have to do is download the extension, install it, then
> restart Thunderbird.
>
> Also, I have mine set to only download headers.  That way I can kill
> spam without downloading it.  One odd thing that happens is that spam
> might not be moved to my junk folder until after I completely download
> the message.  That's OK.  The messages that the filter misses are
> usually obvious to me.

I was thinking of switching to Thunderbird, but I couldn't find a way to
tell it to display quoted text as in the message (keep the leading " > "),
just tinted like Google groups does. The colored bars on each side annoyed
me, as I didn't have a clear idea what people reading my message would
see.  Is there an extention that fixes this?

Jeff