eric@lucii.org on 12 Jan 2005 04:06:24 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Switching email programs

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 10:41:23PM -0500, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
> Art Alexion wrote:

> >>Mozilla with Enigmail so that you can use gnupg to sign encrypt and
> >>decrypt mail with gnupg
> >>
> >and, of course, enigmail works with thunderbird as well.
> >

> Even better, QuoteCollapse in Thunderbird.  Reduces entire sections of
> quotes to little plus signs that can be expanded.

Oh, NOW I'm REALLY intrigued.

I had decided to stay with mutt for now.  One complaint I had with mutt
was that when I forwarded an email the attachment did not go with it.
I've solved that with a bit of variable tweaking.  Also, I can now tag
multiple messages and forward them ALL in one email.

I still miss the GUI based list of folders and the ability to open
multiple emails at the same time.  Also, I currently run fetchmail when
I start mutt (and stop it when I exit mutt).  That's a real nice feature
because I can leave the email on my firewall/server and access it via
the web when I'm away.  Then, when I get home I start mutt/fetchmail and
it POPs the email to the workstation.

I also VPN into the firewall and run mutt remotely if I want.  Of
course, with VNC I can even run Thunderbird that way so my list of
objections to switching are reduced.  Hummmmmm.

Eric