Douglas Lentz on 12 Jan 2005 21:34:58 -0000

Re: [PLUG] mini Linux

rekaye1005@earthlink.net wrote:

I am looking for suggestions...

I have a old IBM PC, 64Mb ram.

Being frugal, and trying to squeeze the last bit of functionality out of everything,

does anyone have a suggestion for a (mini?) version of Linux that would

function with this spec?

I would set it up as an ISP dialup device, with a basic firewall using iptables.

Would it be asking too much to have a tiny little gui?

Thanks in advance.

Ron Kaye

Re: a little GUI

I've got an old Packard-Bell, 200Mz, 64 Mb RAM, 3.2 gig drive. It's running Red Hat 9 with the TWM window manager instead of that Gnome thing. I don't use it that much, but it doesn't seem slow to me.

Relevant URL is ttp://www.plig.org/xwinman/vtwm.html

Good luck!