Chris on 12 Jan 2005 21:35:43 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Looking for a good open source CRM

I wrote this, if it fits your needs I can modify the auth for you. Its basic
mysql md5

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of zeek
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 3:59 PM
To: plug@bharris.f2o.org; 'Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List'
Subject: RE: [PLUG] Looking for a good open source CRM

This may not satisfy all of your issues but I ran some quick
tests on this and found it to my liking.  I didn't actually
implement this at my organization since the support volume isn't
really high enough to warrant it. If you've got an apache
installation in place this takes about 15 minutes to get running.

http://phpsupport.jynx.net/

Cheers,
-zeek

Harris
> Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 2:49 PM
> To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
> Subject: [PLUG] Looking for a good open source CRM
>
> Hey everyone,  I haven't done a lot of posting here, nor come
to any
> meetings, but I have been hiding in the shadows for a good
> period of time
> now.
>
> I work for a small software company in the city that has been
growing
> dramatically, and I'm the systems manager here.  Within the
past six
> months I've hired someone on to my team and I'm starting to
> see the need
> for a centralized location for people to make IT requests.
> At this point
> it is difficult to keep track of requests that aren't getting
> fulfilled
> since they are comming through multiple channels.  Plus as
> the team grows
> I would like to provide information to my boss on how our group
is
> performing, including data on how quickly requests are being
> handled and
> what not.
>
> I need a Request Managment product that is web based and
> requires users to
> log in to make requests.  So presumably it would need 3, or
> more, levels
> of access.  A general employee level for submitting requests,
> an IT tech
> level, and an administrative level.  Prefferably it should use
PAM
> authentication so I can integrate it with our current
authentication