Kevin Brosius on 13 Jan 2005 14:06:43 -0000

NTFS (was Re: [PLUG] USB hard drive size limit?)

McLinux wrote:
> Yeah there is a software on Win32 to read ext3 fs ( however read only).
>  Umm since I would like to have read write option both I have kept 3/4 th
>  of disk as vfat and 1/4 as ext3 fs. This way I can use rsync and linux
>  wont complain about permissions. As u know NTFS right now is read only,
>  hence I choose VFAT.

It looks like some people are using captive for NTFS rw support.  Also,
SUSE seems to ship a partially functional NTFS rw driver.  However, what
I can find about it says it can only re-writing existing files to the
same size safely.

A thread about SUSE:
http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/index.php?showtopic=9455

Captive: