Jeff Abrahamson on 14 Jan 2005 00:37:17 -0000

[PLUG] encrypted file systems, cfs, Ncryptfs, etc.

Does anyone have any experience using encrypted file systems?  In
particular, I'm looking for something that can run over a network file
system (so that the server never sees my unencrypted data).

CFS fits the bill, but is quite old.  That could be good, could be
bad.  It is debianized, that's good.

Ncryptfs claims to perform better than CFS, but I haven't actually
found source code for it.

Maybe there are other things.  Any thoughts?

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287