Stephen Gran on 18 Jan 2005 04:37:42 -0000

Re: [PLUG] iptables

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 04:16:07PM -0500, Tobias DiPasquale said:

> iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
> iptables -A OUTPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
>
> That will drop all outgoing traffic except SSH or HTTP sessions and
> connections that are already open or logically related to those that
> are already open (which in the case of HTTP is none).

Minor nitpick - I think Jeff said that this machine hosted an ssh and http
_server_, so he wants sport rather than dport above.  Otherwise, well
said.
|  Stephen Gran                  | BOFH excuse #158:  Defunct processes    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |