Art Alexion on 18 Jan 2005 04:50:29 -0000

Re: Participation information Re: [PLUG] Keysigning 2/2/2005

Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 05:08:08PM -0500, Art Alexion wrote:

Jeff & Stephen:

OK. Something is wrong. Yours works, mine still doesn't. Did a 'diff' and the differences didn't seem significant. Here is mine. Any ideas

I am not enough of a postscript guru to help much there, although I can confirm that it doesn't work.

I've attached a (compressed) copy of my copy of gpg-key2ps, try
diffing them.

no copy seemed to be attached

Are you running debian?

Yes

What does dpkg say about your
version?

arthur@rodney:~ $ dpkg -s signing-party
Package: signing-party
To improve the web of trust, so-called signing parties are held at various
occasions, where people meet, drink beer and exchange their PGP fingerprints.
This package contains two scripts useful in conjunction with these parties:
.
gpg-key2ps generates a PostScript file with small paper strips that contain
the output of gpg --list-keys (only prettier). You simply print this file,
cut the strips at the lines and you're set for the signing party.
.
gpg-mailkeys is used after the party. When you've signed a key, this script
will send the new signature to the key owner via mail.
.
In a not-too-distant future, there will also be a HOWTO document regarding
key signing, but I haven't managed to write one yet. :-/

Is it current?

don't know -- just installed it yesterday via apt.

In the category of things that don't work for you, Art, add that I
can't find your gpg public key. Did you ever upload it to a key
server?

yes pgp.mit.edu, perhaps others also, can't recall which others.

jeff@asterix:Mutt $ gpg --recv-keys 0823462E
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
jeff@asterix:Mutt $

Try key ID ACC5BA7A -- 0823462E is a sub-key.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c