Ron Mansolino on 19 Jan 2005 14:10:10 -0000

[PLUG] size matters ...

I have a handful of small drives (1-4 g) that I'm going to do ...
something with. (probably a dialup firewall/browser/mp3 thing so I
can ditch zonealarm)

assuming I can put 3 on the ide ports (w/cdrom) what is a sensible
installation/partitioning strategy? (and what needs to be on the root
partition/drive?) I can throw something larger in there if I have to.
(I found out the hard way with FreeBSD that /usr needs a ton of space
for packages). and I'm sort leaning on having /home on it's own so I
can easily swap it into something else (can i format/mount that as UFS?)
and what about having swap space on it's own partition?

Where/what has the potential for the most "growth"?

thanks,
--
Ron Mansolino   RMsolino@netaxs.com   http://www.netaxs.com/~rmsolino/