Art Clemons on 21 Jan 2005 02:57:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Intel 82801DB (ICH4) AC'97 sound issue

You're right, the alsa modules are not loading. How can I fix this?

Well, first you can check to see if modprobe snd-intel8x0 will load the necessary module, if it does, then you can try to figure out why your other modules are loading and your soundcard is not. I don't what flavor of Linux you're running and I use slackware which has a few differences in how it works from most other distributions.

How for example is your video module getting loaded, you could use the same configuration file to load snd-intel8x0 and the other associated files. If you get an error when you modprobe then that would explain why you don't have the module loading automatically.