Michael C. Toren on 25 Jan 2005 03:45:57 -0000

[PLUG] Job Posting: PHP Developer

On behalf of Roy Racer <rracer@soldiercity.com>:

----- Forwarded message -----

From: Roy Racer <rracer@soldiercity.com>
To: "Michael C. Toren" <mct@toren.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:40:23 -0500
Subject: RE: [Fwd: South Jersey PHP Developer]

Thanks, Mike,

The job description is below in plain text format. By the way, our
first preference is hiring a full-time developer to work at our location.
However, we are very flexible and can work something out on a part-time
or contract basis for the right person. If you have any other suggestions
regarding finding a good developer, please let me know.

PHP Developer
Position ID: DEV-PLUG

We are looking for a skilled and experienced developer to assist us
on a variety of projects. Responsibilities will include implementing,
designing, and developing web site enhancements to support sales and
marketing efforts, ecommerce web site development, user interface design,
supplier integration, third party software integration, business logic
programming, and more.

Benefits
- competitive salary and benefits package
- generous year end bonuses depending on individual and company
  performance
- full health coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- paid vacation and personal days
- flexible hours
- flexible location - South Jersey preferred but flexible

Required Technical Competencies
- PHP, MySQL
- XML, SOAP, Web Services
- must have strong user interface and web design skills
- CVS, HTML, CSS, DHTML
- Apache, JavaScript
- Linux Shell (bash, ssh, etc.) and command knowledge
- Computer Science degree
- must be able to organize and comment code in a logical and
  effective manner, so that it can be easily read and understood
- must possess a clear understanding of all phases of the software
  development lifecycle, including requirements, specifications,
  development, testing, and support
- must understand the importance of maintaining uptime through
  comprehensive testing, versioning, and planned release schedules
- minimum of 2-3 years experience

Additional Requirements
- strong work ethic
- ability to work independently in an unsupervised manner
- ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work
- ability to learn new things quickly on the fly
- high level of energy and enthusiasm
- strong organizational skills
- military experience (or part of a military family) a plus but not
  required

Interested? Send an email to hr@soldiercity.com, send a fax to
856-875-8460, or send a letter to Human Resources, PO Box 1105,
Turnersville, NJ 08012. Be sure to include the position id and your
salary requirements. No phone calls please.

Roy Racer
SoldierCity, Inc.
Serving America's Heroes
rracer@soldiercity.com