Ben Dugan on 26 Jan 2005 15:06:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Postscript/Ghostscript question

(Hi Paul!)

gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
> Would it be possible to render whatever it is and save it in PDF
> format or a lossless image format?

Well, I think so. I thought using ps2pdf with device-specific
information would get me visible halftones, but somehow it didn't (I got the same continuous tones). Ghostscript, too, would let me specify a monochrome output device, and also things like creating a monochrome bmp output. But I never hit on the right combination and I think at this point its an academic issue, because I think the printer is going to do the halftones itself based on a gray scale input from my file.

Ben