Darren Nickerson on 8 Mar 2005 14:56:06 -0000

[PLUG] UNIX-literate Windows Developer??

(I realize this is a bit off-topic for a linux-centric user group, but we're
looking to hire somewhat of a mythical creature, ... a Windows developer who
has a decent understanding of Linux and Solaris. Job advert follows - thanks
for your understanding!)

Senior Windows Developer
===================

iFAX Solutions is in search of an experienced Windows developer for ongoing
freelance/contract work. The software product to be developed is HylaFSP, a
Windows fax client for the HylaFAX open source fax server. HylaFSP is a
send-only fax client for Windows 2000/XP that uses Microsoft's built-in Fax
Services subsystem, and makes sending faxes from Windows incredibly easy. To
learn more about our current release of this product, see
http://www.ifax.com/HylaFSP/

We are looking for someone with a moderate to high degree of Windows
development experience, who can help us better understand any issues
involved in the next stage of development of our product: support for Server
2003, Terminal Services, and improved installer technology
(Installshield???). It would be very advantageous for any candidate to have
a working understanding of Linux, Solaris or *BSD since the majority of our
technology, in particular HylaFAX, is UNIX centric.

iFAX Solutions is the commercial arm of the open source HylaFAX community
(www.hylafax.org). Founded by some of the core developers, we provide
hardware & software solutions, technical support and consulting services to
enterprise users of HylaFAX.

Required skills:

C/C++ in a Windows environment
Windows Server 2003 (Terminal Services)
Macrovision Flexnet (license management) preferred
Linux/Unix experience preferred
Microsoft Fax API preferred

For more information on:

HylaFAX Open Source fax server: www.hylafax.org