W. Chris Shank on 22 Mar 2005 16:56:10 -0000

[PLUG] Free OpenOffice Training Class

Everyone:

We are now holding free 1 hour introductory training classes on OpenOffice every Friday from 9am to 10am in our Exton training center. Seating is limited and registration is required.  To register, click here: http://www.acetechgroup.com/index.php?option=com_events_sessions&task=view&id=1

Why: We are always looking for ways to drive costs down for our clients. We've found that OpenOffice is a highly capable general purpose office productivity suite. It is often difficult for new users to make the switch from other office software to OpenOffice because of the relatively small amount of retraining required to learn it. Small businesses are often fast-paced environments, so spending several minutes relearning how to do a simple task is frustrating and vexing for users. This quite often leads to users wanting to use their familiar office suite, even at substantial cost. We have found that by giving users a few short classes in a stress-free learning environment they recognize the benefits of OpenOffice, get comfortable with the interface and continue using it. So we are offering these courses as a means for fence-sitters to see first hand what OpenOffice can do for their businesses.

Who: Anyone who wants to try OpenOffice or wants to evaluate it's suitability for their business environment.

When: Every Friday - 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Where: Exton, PA - 825 Springdale Drive

Facilities: State of the Art computer class-room provided by Weidner University.

Each week we offer a free OpenOffice lesson covering either Wordprocessing or Spreadsheets.

Writer (Wordprocessing) lessons cover*:
  • The OpenOffice Interface - buttons, menu's, and windows
  • Opening writer & MS Word documents
  • Text formatting
  • Numbering & bullets
  • Adding graphics
  • Adding and using tables
  • Headers and Footers
  • Page layout
  • Printing
  • Emailing documents from OpenOffice

Calc (Spreadsheets) lessons cover*:
  • The OpenOffice Interface - buttons, menu's, and windows
  • Opening Calc & MS Excel documents
  • Managing rows and columns
  • Data entry shortcuts
  • Formulas and calculations
  • Page layout
  • Headers and Footers
  • Sorting and filtering
  • Creating and modifying charts
  • Printing
  • Referencing other cells and spreadsheets
*Not all topics are covered each week

The free OpenOffice Lesson Series is a hands on tour of the features and capabilities in OpenOffice. Each week we'll sample and learn about one of the components that make up the OpenOffice Suite. OpenOffice capabilities include wordprocessing, spreadsheets, presentations, HTML, graphics, and diagrams.

OpenOffice is Open Source Software sponsored by Sun Microsystems. Open Source software is free to use and distribute and is supported through add-on services and support.
--
W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC