M.Simons on 7 Apr 2005 18:03:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT:Phone & DSL service?

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Andrew Tsen wrote:
> Is using Cable Modem + VoIP an option for you?
> VoIP (from Vonage) can run around $25/month and Cable Internet
> can be around $40 if you have Cable TV from Comcast.

I don't have cable tv and am not planning on getting it. (I already watch
TOO much tv as it is!) So thus cable internet would be more expensive for
me.

I am not interested (at this time) in VoIP as I don't like the
rely-on-electric-network to make it work.  In addition, I dislike the fact
how the VoIP providers are shoving a large burden on the net.  It gives me
a "pay more, get less" feeling similar to $1 per song audio downloads.

--
MS