Michael Lazin on 7 Apr 2005 22:46:19 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT:Phone & DSL service?

I pay 50 bucks a month+tax for combined DSL and phone service from
cavelier.  Phone service includes caller id, call waiting, and 3 way
calling.  DSL is a static IP with no usage restrictions.  I run a
number of servers.

On Apr 7, 2005 2:03 PM, M.Simons <msimons@slackware.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Andrew Tsen wrote:
> > Is using Cable Modem + VoIP an option for you?
> > VoIP (from Vonage) can run around $25/month and Cable Internet
> > can be around $40 if you have Cable TV from Comcast.
>
> I don't have cable tv and am not planning on getting it. (I already watch
> TOO much tv as it is!) So thus cable internet would be more expensive for
> me.
>
> I am not interested (at this time) in VoIP as I don't like the
> rely-on-electric-network to make it work.  In addition, I dislike the fact
> how the VoIP providers are shoving a large burden on the net.  It gives me
> a "pay more, get less" feeling similar to $1 per song audio downloads.
>
> --
> MS

Michael Lazin
http://lazinweb.homelinux.net
Power Mac G4 1.2ghz 768 megs RAM MacOS Server 10.3
Power Book G4 1.33ghz 512 megs RAM MacOS 10.3
PalmOne Treo 650 312mhz 23 megs Memory PalmOS 5.4
Sun Blade 100 500mhz 1 gig RAM dual boot Solaris 10 and Gentoo Linux