Kam Salisbury on 1 May 2005 12:50:19 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Wireless router recommendations

-----Original Message-----
    From: "gyoza@comcast.net"<gyoza@comcast.net>
    Sent: 5/1/05 12:10:59 AM

    Stephen Gran wrote:

    >everything I have seen is pretty much all of it on, and no mention of
    >whether it can be switched off.  I like the looks of the Linksys (is it
    >wrtg?) that has the possibility of running a stripped down linux on it -
    >that would at least let it be flexible :)  Any one have any experience
    >with this one?  Any others come to mind?

A wireless Acess Point operates as an ethernet bridge and has very little configuration to it. (just like a hub) I have not seen anyone trying to run an alternative os on them.

Maybe a better solution is to use a wireless pci card in your linux box and relocate the antenna?

Kam Salisbury
http://salisburyfamily.us