Stephen Gran on 1 May 2005 13:24:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Wireless router recommendations

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 08:50:09AM -0400, Kam Salisbury said:
> A wireless Acess Point operates as an ethernet bridge and has very
> little configuration to it. (just like a hub) I have not seen anyone
> trying to run an alternative os on them.
>
> Maybe a better solution is to use a wireless pci card in your linux
> box and relocate the antenna?

Thank you!  I knew there must be a name for the kind of thing I was
looking for, and that was it.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Q: How many Marxists does it take to    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | screw in a lightbulb? A: None:  The     |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | lightbulb contains the seeds of its own |
|  			         | revolution.                             |