Geoff Rivell on 18 May 2005 17:33:53 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mac client, Linux server(s)

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 04:53 pm, Adam Zion wrote:
> 	Calvin shares HD space using Samba + nfs. Hobbes shares printers
> w/Samba (we also have a WinXP notebook). Does anyone have enough
> experience working w/Mac clients on linux networks to say how this will
> work, if at all? Ideally, she'll be able to print to one of the printers
> on Hobbes over the network.

Samba works well with MacOSX/Linux.

But for printing, do you use CUPS?  That may be the way to go to get that
working.  You must set the mode to raw mode I believe (for cups on the macosx
side).  Do that by launching the Cups config of iBook in the web browser.  I
forget the port it runs on though :)  631 I believe.  So localhost:631